6.08.2009

BACK PAIN


It's ruling my life right now. It's all I do. Limp around or go to doctors to try and fix my back pain that has now turned into leg and knee pain. but I have learned a lot of helpful tips from many websites and opinionated people in person:

1. Don't get depressed or stressed out about the fact that you can't live your life like a normal, healthy person or about the fact that you are in constant pain because stress and depression only make your back pain worse.

2. Acupuncture good, chiropractor bad: I'm not sure if I actually believe this, but I've heard it so many times I'm not able to form my own opinion about it.

3. Do THE exercises, but don't exercise. Doctors orders.

4. Older women with no arms and an exo-spine are at greater risk for back problems then younger women with no arms and an exo-spine (see above)

5. "It's all connected" will become your favorite catch-all explaination for why strange pains on other parts of your body come with the back pain. Of course it should feel like someone took a sledgehammer to the bottom of my feet and broke my toes and all my shoes feel 2 sizes too small and I cant bend my knees because I have a "pinched nerve" in my upper back (the awake-magazine-looking chiro-propaganda pamphlets I received at my first chiropractor visit informed me that Pinched nerves are actually very rare and from herein I should refer to my discomfort as "sublaxation")

more later

2 comments:

mht said...

stick with 3 and 4. oh wait, and 1, for sure.

Bonnie said...

Hey joe! i came across your blog and saw this. This has been my life for the last 3 years. Doctors can't seem to come up with any solid solution and it resulted in surgery for me about 2 months ago. But, the pain is still there. Long story short if you need any tips or tricks for dealing with it, I am an expert.
Best, bonnie