3.10.2009

brussels





We played in Brussels last night. The people at the venue were very nice, had a beverage selection that included some real good red wine (chilled, I’m seeing this a lot) white wine, strong ass belgian beer (that I acted as if I was really enjoying and then poured down the toilet), their version of cheap beer, and rum. It seemed to me like a hodge-podge but I’m going to assume that this was deliberate.
It snowed. Apparently it’s unusual for Brussels but this didn’t surprise us seen as we “brought the weather with us” and it’s been snowing an annoying amount in Portland lately. We were drunk enough to throw snowballs at statues and I made pretty good contact with a box truck. We caught last call at this place that literally had 400 beers, which would usually overwhelm and bore me at the same time, but the 3 beers I tried there were actually fucking incredible.
The face kissing greeting thing is going to take some getting used to. It seemed very natural to me when my new French girlfriend Fanny gave me birthday kisses, but when the frizzy red haired giant in suspenders from the other band leaned in for a good bye smootch I tensed up so much he LOL’d at me. This is an ongoing cultural crash course, but I’m trying to absorb as much as I can. It’s easy to learn from people who seem to actually give a shit about something.

No comments: