1.16.2009

FUCK THE AIRLINES


I just spent $400 today to CHANGE a ticket for a flight to europe. I can think of a lot of things I needed to spend $400 on these days instead of having some anxious middle aged woman in an office in north dakota push a few buttons for me, but what are you really going to do. There is zero accountability for any transactions that normal people have with corporations. If something should go wrong, then get ready to weave through a maze of automated menu options that, if they don't just spin you in circles until you eventually just give up, send you to someone who could not care less and whose only joy in life comes from telling you that their is "nothing they can do". Yeah, that's why you answer phones for a living, right?

1 comment:

Nilina said...

WHOA - the last time I had to change a ticket it cost $125 and I was so fucking bummed because 1. it used not to cost any money and 2. the time before that it'd cost me $50, which I thought was the cap. $400!!???!!! That is practically a whole new ticket. Holy fuck. God. Man though - I used to work in a call center and they fucking time you for how fast you say that - about how there's nothing you can do - and if you don't say it fast enough, then you get punished. Like you have a meeting with a supervisor and shit and they doubt you commitment to the work (oxymoron?). and all that money - spent on all that type of labor - could be used to subsidize tickets so the change wouldn't cost that much. Serpent eating its own tail of bullshit. God.